Monday 3 August 2020

Maintenance trip Calveley 3/8/2020

Up early to continue work. First boats passed very early again.

Check the drying times on the paint and decided not to give Fertan the full 24 hours but get it rinsed off so I could prime the cratch area. After rinsing and degreasing the cratch area, I got a coat primer on. Was planning a 2nd coat but don't have that much on board so going to risk one coat.



Then got a 3rd coat of stain on the deck board. When dry, that is ready for the non-slip tape. 

Mid morning the farm across the cut started muck spreading. Absolutely revolting stench.... Not a pleasant atmosphere to work in.

While primer was drying, I walked into Bunbury to the Co-op, mainly to escape the stench. Unfortunately the Co-op had closed on the 31st July for a makeover!

So I walked back to the boat, collected the rubbish and headed off to the services at Calveley. After disposing of the rubbish, went to the cheese shop where I was able to get most of what I wanted. Got a couple of hot sausage rolls for lunch which made a nice change. 

After lunch, I applied non-slip tape to the deck boards. Involved a lot of measuring to get the spacing right. Looks pretty good I reckon. Quite decorative!



Final job for the day was to apply first gloss coat to the cratch area. Had hoped to put a coat over the paintwork on the front bulkhead but it clearly wasn't sticking. Will need sanding and priming. A job for another day!



Had pizza followed by yogurt for dinner accompanied by a couple of glasses of wine. 

This location has a fairly good 4G signal so I have been able to use the mifi router to connect both my phone and tablet to the Internet. 

Quiet evening reading and Web-browsing / YouTubing. 

No comments: